[2/21/18] Shop Burns To Ground In Union Valley Tuesday Afternoon

Posted in FeatureTagged , , ,

Firefighters had no chance to save a 40 ft by 40 ft shop that burned to the ground yesterday afternoon in Union Valley…

1

That’s Chief Tim Lemon with Chelan Fire and Rescue. He says it took a small army of firefighters about an hour to knock that fire down…

2

The first firefighter arrived on scene within minutes and reported the building completely engulfed in flames. Shortly after that, we heard Chelan Fire & Rescue request that the County Fire Marshal be notified.

We asked Chief Lemon if that was standard operating procedure..

3

Chief Lemon says a number of factors played into the total loss of the building, including construction method and materials.

It certainly wasn’t proximity to a fire station- the burned out shop was right across the street from Union Valley Station 73…

4