Stay up to date on all your local community news on KOZI.
The morning edition is from 7 to 8:45 a.m.
Don’t forget to tune in for our News at Noon, and the evening edition at 5 p.m.
For quick news on the go, listen to our news minutes at the top and bottom of every hour
from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

 "Submit a News Story or Idea"

Leavenworth All Day Standoff Ends In Arrest 11/30/2012
Chelan County Sheriffs Deputies arrested a man near Leavenworth yesterday afternoon ending a day long standoff with the SWAT Team.
On Wednesday afternoon Rivercom Dispatch received a call from a female subject in the Seattle area asking Deputies to check on the welfare of her friend, 59 year old Alan Chamberlain of Seattle, who thought to be in the Leavenworth area. 
Chamberlain reportedly had made suicidal statements after having a domestic dispute with his wife and an apparent negative situation at his work.  He was possibly heading to a cabin in the MerryCanyon area of Leavenworth where he mentioned wanting to kill himself.  Deputies checked a cabin in the MerryCanyon area of Leavenworth finding  that there had been recent activity there.  While at the cabin, they saw what appeared to be gun cases in the cabin, but no sign of Chamberlain.
Deputies were unable to make contact with Chamberlain on Wednesday, but attempted again early Thursday morning.  Two Deputies made contact with Chamberlain as he exited his cabin and immediately threatened to kill the Deputies while holding a rifle in both hands.
The Deputies backed off and attempted to reason with him, telling him they were only there to check on his welfare.  About 4-5 minutes passed with Chamberlain continually telling them he would kill them and then kill himself.   Chamberlain placed the gun under his chin and walked back inside the cabin and closed the door, continuing his threats to kill the Deputies and telling the Deputies they were going to have to shoot him.  When attempts to further communicate with Chamberlain failed, they backed away from the cabin and requested further assistance.
The Chelan County Regional SWAT team responded with a Sheriff’s Office Crisis Negotiator.  Members of Douglas County SWAT and Washington State Patrol Special Response Team also responded for assistance.  Attempts to communicate with Chamberlain were made with a loud speaker, but were met with the same results of threats to shoot Officers and then himself.  He also made comments that Officer’s were going to have to shoot him.
At about 5:30 PM Thursday evening, a friend of Chamberlains arrived on scene in an attempt to talk him out of the house.  After several attempts, Chamberlain exited the house wearing no clothes and was standing on the porch railing.  SWAT team members had been able to approach the house and porch area without his knowledge prior to this and were able to take him into custody after deploying a Taser as he attempted to retreat back into his cabin.  Chamberlain was taken into custody without injury and was later booked for 2 counts of Felony Harassment, Threats to Kill.  Nobody was injured during the incident.