--- Methow Valley Schools have been closed for Wednesday Nov. 26th and school will resume Monday Dec. 1st ---      

Stay up to date on all your local community news on KOZI.
The morning edition is from 7 to 8:45 a.m.
Don’t forget to tune in for our News at Noon, and the evening edition at 5 p.m.
For quick news on the go, listen to our news minutes at the top and bottom of every hour
from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

 "Submit a News Story or Idea"


Improperly Discarded Cigs Cause Two Fires 2/21/2012
Chelan Fire and Rescue crews responded to two residential structure fires caused by cigarette butts over the past month.A
 
According to the US Fire Administration, every year more than 1,000 people are killed in home fires caused by cigarettes and tobacco pipes.
 
Chelan Fire Chief, Tim Lemon says that in both incidents, the cigarettes were discarded improperly and were not completely extinguished.
 
In both cases the fires were kept to a minimum and both homes suffered only minor damage.
 
Chief Lemon adds that cigarette caused fires are preventable, and hopes to help remind and educate the public on the risks and precautionary measures that can save homes and lives.
 
For more fire safety tips, visit www.chelan7.com.
"CLICK HERE" for Audio
"CLICK HERE" for Audio


EEO REPORT |  COPYRIGHT POLICY |  CONTEST RULES |  EMPLOYMENT |  SISTER STATIONS