The US Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that each year, about 4,000 injuries associated with electric extension cords are treated in hospital emergency rooms.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission also estimates that more than 3,000 residential fires originated in extension cords each year.
The most frequent causes of those fires are short circuits, overloading, and use of damaged and just plain misuse of extension cords.
We contacted Chelan County Fire District 7 and Lieutenant Pat Moore for some tips on extension cords.
Wouldn’t it all just be simpler if extension cords were all cordless?"CLICK HERE" for Audio