[5/29/16] Manson Track Brings Home Some Medals
The State Track meet was held over the weekend at Eastern Washington University. Manson had 8 athletes competing. The results are as follows-
1. The girls 4×200 had one of the highlights of the weekend, as they placed 3rd in their preliminary heat and moved onto the Saturday finals. They ended up in 8th place overall and earned a medal for their efforts.
2. Baylee Ward finished in 15th place in the 100m dash.
3. The girls 4×100 relay team was in good position in their qualifying heat to move onto the finals, unfortunately they were disqualified for making a baton pass outside the exchange zone. It was a tough way to end the season for this team, as they were seeded 5th in the state coming into the meet.
4. Spencer Ward placed 4th in his preliminary heat and moved onto the finals on Saturday. In the finals, he wound up in 8th place overall, earning a spot on the medal stand.
5. Mason Walters cleared 5’8″ in the high jump, which was good enough for 12th place.
6. Jakob Kristiansen ran in the 800m and was a little off his best and was unable to move onto finals in that event.
7. The girls 4×400 were also a little off their best form in their race and ended up 14th overall.
8. On Saturday, Mason Cameron got his turn to compete and placed 13th in the discus with a throw of 125′ plus change.
Even though the final results of the meet were a bit of a mixed bag for the team, I think we will be able to look back on the season with a great deal of pride and satisfaction with all the accomplishment and improvements each individual on the team showed throughout the season. I was very proud of each athlete who worked so hard this year and helped contribute to a great team atmosphere.