[11/16/16] Forest Service Seeking Temporary Staff- Accepting Applications Until Monday
The Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest offers a number of exciting and challenging temporary employment opportunities during the spring, summer, and fall field seasons. Our temporary workforce includes people in various specialties ranging from archeology to wildlife biology, and many positions in between. Most of the positions we offer are field-going, but many also include some work in the office working with maps, computer input, or planning and supervisory functions. Work locations are predominantly on a Ranger District, but a few are located at the Supervisor’s Office (Headquarters) level, Central Washington Interagency Communication Center (CWICC), the Fire Cache, the Rappell Base — all in Wenatchee, WA, or the North Cascades Smokejumper Base in Winthrop, WA.
Work locations include the following:
- Tonasket Ranger District — Tonasket, WA
- Methow Valley Ranger District — Winthrop, WA
- Okanogan Valley Office — Okanogan, WA
- Headquarter’s Office — Wenatchee, WA
- Chelan Ranger District — Chelan, WA
- Entiat Ranger District — Entiat, WA
- Wenatchee River Ranger District — Leavenworth and Lake Wenatchee, WA
- Cle Elum Ranger District — Cle Elum, WA
- Naches Ranger District — Naches, WA
- CWICC (Communication Center) — Wenatchee, WA
- Fire Cache — Wenatchee, WA
- Wenatchee Valley Rappellers — Wenatchee, WA
- Air Tanker Base — Moses Lake, WA
- North Cascades Smokejumper Base — Winthrop, WA
To learn more about the Forest Service and the temporary employment program, visit this website: www.fs.fed.us/fsjobs
Temporary positions for the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest, as well as many other National Forests, are listed on the USAJOBS (usajobs.gov) website.
Opportunities to apply for permanent positions on the forest are extremely limited. Those positions that do become available are listed with the OPM, on their USAJOBSwebsite.
Vacancy announcements will be posted on USAJobs website on November 15. Applications will be accepted November 15–21, 2016. Important dates to pay attention to in the hiring process:
October 1, 2016… Current seasonal employees re-hiring begins
November 15 – 21, 2016… All Vacancy Announcements open in USAJobs
Mid-April – July 30, 2017… Range of effective employment startdates